CENTRALLY SPONSORED PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR OBC STUDENTS MANIPUR
The Manipur Government is accepting applications for the Manipur Pre-Matric Scholarship 2021 for OBC students from Grades/Class 1 to 10. The scholarship’s primary goal is to provide/supplement financial assistance to the OBC students pursuing studies in different courses in order for them to complete their education.
Because OBCs living below double the poverty line constitute a larger proportion of the population and there are disparities among OBCs, it is proposed to award scholarships to school-aged children of poorer OBC parents whose annual income is less than double the poverty line.
List of Contents
- 0.1 ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
- 0.2 BENEFITS TO THE APPLICANT
- 0.3 DURATION AND RENEWAL OF AWARDS
- 0.4 DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- 0.5 GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
- 0.6 SELECTION PROCEDURE
- 0.7 PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP
- 0.8 Disbursement Mode of Scholarships
- 0.9 HOW TO APPLY
- 0.10 Important Dates & Links
- 0.11 FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
- 1 Share this:
- 2 Related Updates
(To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must fulfil the following criteria)
- A native of Manipur
- Be studying in Class 1 and 10 for Day Scholars
- Be studying in Class 3 and 10 for Hostelers
- She/he should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre Matric Scholarship.
- A full-time student in a government school or a school recognised by government must be eligible.
- Scholarships are offered for one academic year only.
- Parents/Guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
BENEFITS TO THE APPLICANT
- The selected students will get variable financial awards on the basis of their ongoing courses. The rate of Scholarship may be checked through the Official Document given below.
- Scholarship for 10 months (Class 3 to 10)= Rs 500 per month
- Ad hoc grant = Rs 500 Rs. per annum
- Day Scholars
- Scholarship for 10 months (Class 1 to 10)= Rs 100 per month
- Ad hoc grant = Rs 500 Rs. per annum
DURATION AND RENEWAL OF AWARDS
- The scholarship will be paid for ten months during the academic year.
- The award, once granted, will be maintained subject to good behaviour and regular attendance. After the student completes Class IX, it will be renewed for Class X.
- Student’s Passport-sized photo with his or her signature on it.
- Mobile Number and Email
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Previous year Marksheet of the student
- Student’s Bank Passbook that contains the account number and IFSC code of the bank branch
- Aadhaar number of the Student
- If Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School and
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Scanned copy of the Bank passbook can be used.
- Bonafide Student Certificate from the Institute / School.
- A certificate of OBC duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address.
- For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, the parents’ mobile number can only be used for filling scholarship applications for a maximum of their two children only.
- Provide active bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch of the student.
- For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account, parents can provide their own account details. However, parents account numbers can only be used against scholarship applications for a maximum of two children.
- Students who have an Aadhaar number are required to provide a 12-digit Aadhaar number as printed on the Aadhaar card.
- Upon submitting the registration form, the system will match the personal identification details of the applicant with the Aadhaar records.
- Only one registration is allowed with one Aadhaar number.
- Scholarships are offered for one academic year only. If a student must repeat a course, she/he will not be eligible to receive scholarship funding for that course for the second (or subsequent) year.
- If the House Rent Allowance received by the parents of a student has been allowed to be exempted for Income Tax purposes, it will be exempted from the computation of income.
- Income Certificate is required to be taken once only, i.e. at the time of admission to courses, which are continuing for more than one year.
- Regular attendance record not less than 60% in the previous year should be pre-requisite for availing scholarship.
- At least 5% students with disabilities should be covered for grant of the scholarships.
- To avoid any duplication, bank accounts of the target beneficiaries should be Aadhar seeded.
- 30% of the beneficiaries should be reserved for girl students.
- Selection will be based on eligibility criteria.
The concerned State Governments and Union Territory Administrations will lay down the detailed procedure for selection of students.
PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP
- It is payable from April 1st or from the month of admission, whichever is later, until the month in which the examinations have been concluded. If a scholar is admitted after the 20th of the month, payment will be made from that month onwards until the examinations have been completed.
- Scholarship renewals will be paid starting in the month after last year’s scholarship payment.
- In accordance with the method given out by the state/union territory administration to which they belong, the selected students will receive the scholarship money.
Disbursement Mode of Scholarships
Therefore, state governments/UT administrations would assure timely and accurate payment of scholarship amounts to the recipients by transferring funds from their accounts in post offices/banks. A computerised scholarship management system, including an electronic payment system, will be implemented by all state governments and university administrations in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
- Log on to https://scholarships.gov.in
- Click on the New Registration button on top of the portal.
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and Continue.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the Register button (you can select the bank account number as identification proof).
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated. Keep properly that for future references.
- In all aspects, the candidate must submit a comprehensive application to their institution/head, the school’s who will then deliver it, after examination and with his suggestion, to whichever sanctioning authority is stated.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
Important Dates & Links
|Last date of application||30-11-2021|
|Last date for defective verification||15-12-2021|
|Last date for institute verification||15-12-2021|
|Official Document||Click Here|
|Application Link||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Who are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Under this Scheme?
Only Natives of Manipur are eligible to apply.
- Is Aadhaar required?
- Yes, The Aadhaar Number is required to be seeded (linked) with the bank account in which the Scholarship amount is desired to be transferred.
Whether hostel fees reimbursable?
Yes, it is as per the approval of the hostel by the Principal of the college
Is it paid every year?
Yes, it is being renewed every year during the course of study.
Tenability of scholarship
It is tenable for a regular course of study.
Keep visiting our website for the latest Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, and many more. SurLakta.com wishes you the best of luck. Thank You