The Manipur Government is accepting applications for the Manipur Pre-Matric Scholarship 2021 for ST students in Grades 9 and 10. The scholarship’s primary goal is to provide/supplement financial assistance to students pursuing postgraduate studies in technical courses in order for them to complete their education.
List of Contents
(To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must fulfil the following criteria)
- A native of Manipur
- Student Should belong to Scheduled Tribe.
- Be studying in Class 9 and 10
- She/he should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre Matric Scholarship.
- A full-time student in a government school or a school recognised by a government or state board of secondary education must be eligible.
- Scholarships are offered for one academic year only. If a student must repeat a course, she/he will not be eligible to receive scholarship funding for that course for the second (or subsequent) year.
BENEFITS TO THE APPLICANT
- The selected students will get variable financial awards on the basis of their ongoing courses. The rate of Scholarship may be checked through the Official Document given below.
- Scholarship for 10 months(Rs. per month) = 350
- Books and Ad hoc grant (Rs. per annum) = 1000
- Day Scholars
- Scholarship for 10 months(Rs. per month) = 150
- Books and Ad hoc grant (Rs. per annum) = 750
- Additional Allowances for ST students with disabilities studying in private unaided Schools
DURATION AND RENEWAL OF AWARDS
- The scholarship will be paid for ten months during the academic year.
- The award, once granted, will be maintained subject to good behaviour and regular attendance. After the student completes Class IX, it will be renewed for Class X.
- Educational documents of student
- Student’s Bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch
Note: For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account, parents can provide their own account details. However, parents account numbers can only be used against scholarship applications for a maximum of two children.
- Aadhaar number of the Student
- If Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School and
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Scanned copy of the Bank passbook can be used.
- If the Institute/School is different from the domicile state of the applicant, then the Bonafide student certificate from the Institute / School.
- Application for scholarship in the prescribed form (different application forms as prescribed by various States/UTs for fresh and renewal scholarship).
- One copy of the student’s passport-sized photo with his or her signature on it (for fresh scholarship).
- A certificate in original of Scheduled Tribe duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper, signed by the self-employed parents or guardians, stating their income from all sources. In addition to obtaining a certificate of income from their work, parents/guardians who are employed must also provide a declaration on non-judicial stamp paper for any additional income.
- If the applicant received a scholarship under this plan in the previous year, he/she must submit a receipt acknowledging receipt of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application, duly countersigned by the Head of the Institution/School concerned.
- Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address.
- Under the initiative, only Indian nationals would be eligible to apply for a scholarship, which will be provided by the government of Manipur, where the candidate is a resident.
- Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh only) per annum.
- For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, the parents’ mobile number can only be used for filling scholarship applications for a maximum of their two children only.
- In the case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship schemes only one registration is allowed with one mobile number.
- Provide active bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch of the student.
- Students who have an Aadhaar number are required to provide a 12-digit Aadhaar number as printed on the Aadhaar card.
- Upon submitting the registration form, the system will match the personal identification details of the applicant with the Aadhaar records.
- Only one registration is allowed with one Aadhaar number.
- Selection will be based on eligibility criteria.
- Scholarships will be awarded to all eligible Scheduled Tribe candidates in accordance with the terms of this scheme.
- Candidates from one state who are studying in another state will be awarded scholarships by the state to which they belong, and their applications will be submitted to the competent authority in that state.
PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP
- It is payable from April 1st or from the month of admission, whichever is later, until the month in which the examinations have been concluded. If a scholar is admitted after the 20th of the month, payment will be made from that month onwards until the examinations have been completed.
- Scholarship renewals will be paid starting in the month after last year’s scholarship payment.
- In accordance with the method given out by the state/union territory administration to which they belong, the selected students will receive the scholarship money.
Disbursement Mode of Scholarships
Therefore, state governments/UT administrations would assure timely and accurate payment of scholarship amounts to the recipients by transferring funds from their accounts in post offices/banks. A computerised scholarship management system, including an electronic payment system, will be implemented by all state governments and university administrations in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
- Log on to https://scholarships.gov.in
- Click on the New Registration button on top of the portal.
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and Continue.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the Register button (you can select the bank account number as identification proof).
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated. Keep properly that for future references.
- In all aspects, the candidate must submit a comprehensive application to their institution/head, the school’s who will then deliver it, after examination and with his suggestion, to whichever sanctioning authority is stated.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
Important Dates & Links
|Last date of application||31-10-2021|
|Last date for defective verification||15-11-2021|
|Last date for institute verification||15-11-2021|
|Official Document||Click Here|
|Application Link||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
- Who are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Under this Scheme?
- Only Natives of Manipur are eligible to apply.
- Whether non-sponsored students will get the scholarship?
- Yes, as per rules.
- Is Aadhaar required?
- Yes, The Aadhaar Number is required to be seeded (linked) with the bank account in which the Scholarship amount is desired to be transferred.
- Whether hostel fees reimbursable?
- Yes, it is as per the approval of the hostel by the Principal of the college
- Is it paid every year?
- Yes, it is being renewed every year during the course of study.
- Tenability of scholarship
- It is tenable for a regular course of study.
Keep visiting our website for the latest Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, and many more. SurLakta.com wishes you the best of luck. Thank You
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
|Join Telegram Channel||Facebook Page (Follow Now)|
|Join Whatsapp (Group Notification)||Join Whatsapp (Personal Notification)|