The Government of UT of Lakshadweep is inviting applications for Lakshadweep Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 from students of Class 1 to PhD level. The key objective of the scholarship is to provide/supplement financial assistance to students studying at postgraduate studies in technical courses state to enable them to complete their education
List of Contents
(To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must fulfil the following criteria)
- A native of Lakshadweep
- Be studying in Class 1 to PhD level
- The selected students will get variable financial awards on the basis of their ongoing course. The rate of Scholarship may be checked through the Official Document given below.
- Educational documents of student
- Student’s Bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch
Note: For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account, parents can provide their own account details. However, parents account number can only be used against scholarship applications for a maximum of two children.
- Aadhaar number of the Student
- If Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School and
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Scanned copy of Bank passbook
- If the Institute/School is different from the domicile state of the applicant, then the Bonafide student certificate from the Institute / School.
- Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address.
- For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, the parents’ mobile number can only be used for filling scholarship applications for a maximum of their two children only.
- In the case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme only one registration is allowed with one mobile number.
- Provide active bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch of the student.
- Students who have an Aadhaar number are required to provide a 12-digit Aadhaar number as printed on the Aadhaar card.
- Upon submitting the registration form, the system will match the personal identification details of the applicant with the Aadhaar records.
- Only one registration is allowed with one Aadhaar number.
- Selection will be based on eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
- Log on to https://scholarships.gov.in
- Click on the New Registration button on top of the portal.
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and Continue.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the Register button (you can select bank account number as identification proof).
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated. Keep properly that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
Important Dates & Links:
|Last date of application||30th April 2021|
|Last date for defective verification||30th April 2021|
|Last date for institute verification||30th April 2021|
|Official Document||Click Here|
|Application Link||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Who are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Under this Scheme?
Only Natives of Lakshadweep are eligible to apply.
Whether non-sponsored students will get the scholarship?
Yes, as per rules.
Is Aadhaar required?
Yes, The Aadhaar Number is required to be seeded (linked) with the bank account in which the Scholarship amount is desired to be transferred.
Whether hostel fees reimbursable?
Yes, it is as per the approval of the hostel by the Principal of the college
Is it paid every year?
Yes, it is being renewed every year during the course of study.
Tenability of scholarship
It is tenable for a regular course of study.
Keep visiting our website for the latest Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, and many more. SurLakta.com wishes you the best of luck. Thank You
Join our Social Media groups & channel