JEE Main 2020 January Session Admit Card will be available on 6th December 2019. The aspirants who want to apply for JEE Main will require going through registration procedures. JEE Main 2020 Exams will be conducted by the new connected body -National Testing Agency (NTA). JEE MAIN is the National level screening test conducted every year to take Admission in B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan, and B.Arch Courses.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern has been changed now. The JEE is authorized by the Central Board of Secondary Education as the entrance exam bringing several engineering courses such as B.E, B.Tech, and B.Arch. Previously this exam conducted by CBSE in an offline manner. Some significant changes have been introduced with the coming of NTA. The exam will be conducted twice in a year and online mode. As the decision of HRD Ministry, From the 2019 JEE MAIN Entrance Test being held two times in January and April. The exam is conducted for those students who want to make their career through NITs, CFTIs, and several renowned institutions.
JEE MAIN 2020 Notification – Sample Question Released
- JEE Main 2020 January Session Admit Card will be available on 6th December 2019. Click Here to Check Admit Card Details.
- JEE Main 2020 Sample Question has been Released by NTA for Section Numerical Value. Click Here to Check Question.
- JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper for Chemistry has been Released now. Click Here to Check Details.
- JEE Main 2020 January Session Application Correction has been started on 14th October 2019. Click Here to Check Correction Details.
- JEE Main 2020 Image Correction has been started now for January Session. Click Here to Check Correction Details.
- JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper has been released on the Official Website. Click Here to Check Details.
- JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern has been changed now. Click Here to Check Pattern Details.
- JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates has been Announced By NTA Authority. Click Here to check Exam Date Details.
JEE MAIN 2020 Quick Links
|Notification (Released)||Click Here, Brochure|
|Important Date (Announced)||Click Here|
|Application/ Registration (Started)||Click Here Link 2 Click Here|
|JEE Main Fee 2020 (Increased)||Click Here|
|How to Fill Application (Available)||Click Here|
|Application Correction (Started)||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Slot Booking||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Cut Off||Click Here|
|Rank Predictor||Click Here|
|College Predictor||Click Here|
|Counselling/Admission Procedure||Click Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|Exam Pattern (Changed)||Click Here|
JEE MAIN 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||JEE Main|
|Full-Form||Joint Entrance Examination|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Category of Examination||UG Level|
|Exam Conducted body||NTA (Nation Testing Agency)|
|Exam Mode||Online & Offline|
||6th Jan – 11th January 2020 (January Session)|
|3rd Apr – 9th April 2020 (April Session)|
JEE Main 2020 Notification will be released on 20th August 2019. For reference purpose, students can check the tentative schedule below:
|Official Notification Release on||20th August 2019|
|The release of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th October 2019 (Extended)|
|Last date of fee submission and image uploading||11th October 2019|
|Application Re-Open for J&K Candidates||4th Nov – 8th November 2019|
|Application correction window opens||14th Oct. – 20th October 2019|
|The announcement of the allotted exam centre||3rd week of October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||6th December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||6th January – 11th January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||31st January 2020|
|The release of the Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Image correction window opens||In February 2020|
|Availability of mock test||In February 2020|
|Last date to submit an application||7th March 2020|
|Last date to make payment of a fee||2nd week of March 2020|
|Downloading of Admit card||16th March 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||3rd Apr – 9th April 2020|
|Announcement of Result||30th April 2020|
New Changes Introduced Last Year
MHRD, The Government of India has notified several changes in the JEE Main Entrance exam. Next, we have listed the new changes introduced last year:
- It is not necessary to check the function number of the 12th class.
- For the online mode test, students can reserve their location.
- The best 2,224,000 qualified senior JEE students are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced.
- Diabetic students can take tables of sugar, fruits and a bottle of clear water at the examination centre.
- From 2019 years, this Exam is Conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) & All Responsibility has been taken of JEE Main Exams.
- Through the NTA website JEE Main Exam is Conducted in two Session i.e. 1) January Session & 2) April Session, It is Organized Online Mode.
- The JEE Main Application Apply before checking the Age limit has been removed. Candidates can read fulfilled the Eligibility Notice, which is released by NTA Website.
- The Applicants can book Slots for Exams those have Appearing Online Mode.
- The Applicants must be pass with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry, they can apply JEE Main paper 2 Exam.
- For JEE Main 2020 Entrance Test to Fill Application Form, and Adhar Card is Not Necessary for Apply.
- Candidates appearing among the top 224000 qualified students will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- NTA has set up more than 3400 Practice centres in the country for the preparation of the students.
- Diabetic students can take a water bottle, fruits, and sugar tablets inside the exam centre.
- The Application form is generated using online. There is no offline source to get the Application form.
- They must link a scanned image of passport size photo, the signature which must be valid and make sure to provide the signature resembling the one at the time of the exam.
- The Application form filling process for the January session has been Started from the 3rd of September 2019, and the April Session registration will begin from the 7th of February 2020.
- The complete online registration process will contain various steps – Online Registration, Filling the Application online, Uploading of Images, Payment of Application fee, and Printing the Application.
- Aspirants need to carry aadhaar card, no and aadhaar card enrolment no.
- The last date to submit the Application form online for the January session is the 10th of October 2019 (Extended). For the April session, candidates can apply until the 7th March 2020.
- The JEE Main 2020 Application Fee will be required to be deposited by aspirants at the end of the application.
- They may make an online payment in various ways- credit card, debit card, and net banking. The admission is provided to only those who have filled the registration form.
- The Application fee will be different as per the categories and mode of examinations.
- Fee payment will be made through credit/debit card.
- Candidates can also pay the fee through e-challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank.
- The fee will not be accepted through DD, money order, IPO, etc.
- The application fee will be nonrefundable.
|Exam Center in India||Exam Center Outside India|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2 (B.E./B.Tech
|For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.650/ Girls – Rs.325/||Boys – Rs.3000/ Girls – Rs.1500/|
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.325/ Girls – Rs.325/||Boys – Rs.1500/Girls – Rs.1500/|
|Both Paper 1 & Paper 2 (B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch
B.E./B.Tech & B.Planning
B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Planning
B. Arch & B.Planning)
|For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.1300/ Girls – Rs.650||Boys – Rs.6000/ Girls – Rs.3000/|
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.650/ Girls – Rs.650/||Boys – Rs.3000/ Girls – Rs.3000/|
Candidates will be able to correct or modify the detailed in the application form during the correction period. Here we are providing JEE Main 2020 Application form correction details:
JEE Main 2020 Application Correction Form has been started on 14th October 2019 for January Session, and 3rd week of February 2020 Correction will be started for April Session.
- The correction facility will be provided in January 2020.
- Corrections will be done only through online mode.
- Corrections will be allowed in all entries except the change of exam mode from CBT to PBT.
- Any additional fee can be paid by credit/debit card, e-wallet or e-challan.
The aspirants who want to take admission into various engineering courses will need to meet the admission requirement which has been mentioned below-
- The aspirants possess the D.O.B bearing the date of 31st October 1993 to be eligible for the exam.
- It will be necessary for the aspirants to clear the SSC securing considerable scores with five fundamental subjects- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates.
- Candidates can attempt for JEE (Main) examination no limit times for the JEE Mains exam.
- Qualifying Exam: The Applicants must pass with 10+2 (12th level Exams) or Equivalent by any university & Board.
- Diploma Holders: The Applicants can be applied for Diploma Admission only in IITs.
- Qualifying Subjects: The Applicants must be passed in 12th Exam (10+2) with mandatory five Subjects like; Physics, Mathematics as well as Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or other technical Courses.
- Age Criterion: The JEE Main Application Apply before check Age limit, it has been removed. Candidates have no required Age limit.
- Total Attempts: There will be no attempt limit to apply for this test.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are looking for their Class 12th exams can also apply.
- Year of Appearance: Candidates passing their 12th level exam in the year 2018 or 2019 are only eligible to apply. Also, those appearing in their 12th level in the year 2020 are eligible to apply.
Institutions wise Eligibility:
- Another get admission into IITs. NITs, CFTIs, and other institutions, Applicant have required 75%(For ST/SC – 65%) marks in their 12th level exams.
- By All India Rank of the candidate secured in the test, admission will be provided.
|Qualifying Exam||10+2 or equivalent exam passed in 2017 and 2019 are eligible to apply.|
|Appearing Candidates||Candidates appearing in the 12th exams in 2020 can apply.|
|Diploma Holders||Diploma candidates can also apply but only for admission in IITs. Such candidates also have to appear for the JEE Advanced exam.|
|Minimum Marks||There is no minimum mark required to apply for JEE Main.|
|For admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs||Candidates have to secure 75% (65% for SC/ST) in 12th exams or be in top 20 percentile of the respective board.|
|Some Subjects||Candidates must have five subjects in the 10+2 exam. Candidates should have physics, mathematics, language, anyone from the Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject, and any other subject.|
|Year of Appearance||Candidates who have passed 12th exams in 2016 are not eligible to apply. Students who have appeared in 12th exams in 2016, did not give in 2016 but passed in 2017 are not eligible to apply.|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern – Changed
There is slight variation in the way JEE Main 2020 has been structured in paper 1 and paper 2.
- The Exam pattern for JEE Main Paper 1.
- JEE Main 2020 Exam will be held on 6th to 11th January 2020 for January Session & April Session will be held on 3rd to 9th April 2020.
- B. Arch: Mathematics– Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only
and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode
- In the exam, there will come a total of 75 questions, with 25 queries on Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The JEE Main 2020 is three hours’ exam.
- There will only be objective questions in the exam with a total of four options for you to choose from
- The student must answer a particular problem at a specific time.
|No. Of Questions||Paper I – 75 Questions & Paper-II – 77 Questions|
|Types of Questions||Objective Questions in Boths & Paper-II Subjective Nature type Questions.|
|Language||Hindi, English, Gujarati & All States Languages.|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||Paper I – 300 Marks & Paper II – 400 marks|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks on Every Correct Answer|
|Negative Marks||1 Marks Deductive On Every wrong Answer|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT) Mode & Paper-II – Pen and Paper Based|
A pattern for Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
A Pattern for Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Exam||Online and Offline|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Paper I||B.Tech / B.E.|
|Paper-II||B.Arch / B.Planning|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying examination for admissions into NITs, IITs, and GFTI.Qualifying Test for JEE Advanced which provides admissions into IITs.|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions in Paper||75 Questions (25 Questions each in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)|
|Marking Scheme||Four marks will be allotted for each correct response. For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.|
|Selection Process||Admission through JoSAA counselling by the applicant’s All India Rank|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus consists of two sections- 1 and 2. The first one will feature physics, chemistry, and mathematics adorned on the level of 11th and 12th standard syllabus of established boards, namely- CBSE, ICSE and several others.
For JEE Main Paper 2, the aspirant should achieve the exam preparation going through the subjects Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing.
The Central Board of Secondary Education will provide the detailed and subject-wise Syllabus which can be downloaded from its official page.
JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus
The program will contain topics from classes 11 and 12 of CBSE, ICSE, and other state councils. The curriculum for paper one will provide physics, chemistry, and mathematics. The paper two programs will include sections on math, aptitude, and drawing. The detailed plan of JEE Main 2020 is given below:
Sets, relationships and functions, matrices and determinants, mathematical induction, sequences and series, calculus, binomial theorem, and simple applications, Vector algebra, statistics and probability, trigonometry, complex numbers and quadratic equations, mathematical reasoning, permutations, and combinations, etc.
Physics and measurement, Thermodynamics, rotation movement, move the laws of electronic devices, oscillations and waves, electric current, electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, optics, electrostatics, kinematics, work, power and energy, gravitation, Solid and Liquid Properties, Kinetic Theory of Gases, etc.
Physical chemistry: basic concepts of chemistry, atomic structure, chemical thermodynamics, equilibrium, chemical kinetics, states of matter, chemical bonding and molecular structure, etc. Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, daily chemistry, a natural compound containing halogen, organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and period the city properties, block elements (alkaline e and alkaline earth metals) elements D and F, environmental chemistry, hydrogen, block elements of 13-18 features, etc.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus
Part I: Consciousness of people, places, buildings, materials, Visualization of objects in three dimensions from two-dimensional drawings, Visualization, Analytical Reasoning Mental capacity (visual, numerical and verbal), etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, construction of shapes and elements, the texture of colours, harmony and contrast, the transformation of forms of union 2 D and 3 D, subtraction, rotation, the creation of two-dimensional and three-dimensional compositions and arrangements, etc.
Here we provide the Preparation tips of JEE Main 2020, which can help you achieve good scores:
- First, get details about the officially prescribed curriculum and exam model and make a proper study plan.
- Try to solve the questions of the previous year to practice answering the problems in the template.
- A study from reliable reference books and study materials available in the market and on the Internet.
- Take brief notes on difficult topics and discuss them with your tutor and classmates.
- Practice the simulation test; it will help you to know the pattern of the exam and analyze your performance.
- Do not ignore your health by Preparing for Exams. Do meditation and yoga; this will help you increase concentration.
The Applicant can be Book Slot After Application Submitted Successfully. It is Announced by NTA (National Testing Agency). Candidates can be Download Admit Card before some days of Examination. The Required to Admit Card with carrying on Exam Centers at the Exam times. Candidates can take 2 or 3 Printout of Admit Card for Suitable on Exam times. For Admit Card Download to Required the Registration no. & DOB or Password.
The admit card is the most necessary document containing the most necessary piece of paper. It is also regarded as a call letter, which is handy for the exam significantly.
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card will be available on 6th December 2019 for January Session & April Session Admit Card will be available on 16th March 2020.
- The exam will be held under the surveillance of the examiner considered as being the leading authority during the exam. So it must be taken care that you don’t enter the examination hall in the absence of the JEE Main Admit Card.
- The admit card will have made attainable to only aspirants who have successfully filled the application form and submitted the fee. Those filling the form incompletely will not be provided with the admit card.
- It can only be available at the website via the link which is disclosed to all those who are going to appear for the exam.
- The admit card comprises the valid log contents required to be shown at the time of the exam.
Along with admitting card, you must also bring identity proof, which are aadhaar card, pan card, etc.
To download the Admit card, candidates have to click on the provided online link and enter their application number and password. Candidates will also be informed about their release of Admit cards through SMS or mail.
The following cities will be set as the examination cities for the students who shall appear for JEE Main 2020 Exam. Aspirants can have a look at all the cities below as they will have to choose the exam city during the application process only. :
- ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR
- ANDHRA PRADESH
- ARUNACHAL PRADESH
- DADRA NAGAR HAVELI
- DAMAN & DIU
- HIMACHAL PRADESH
- JAMMU AND KASHMIR
- MADHYA PRADESH
- TAMIL NADU
- UTTAR PRADESH
- WEST BENGAL
After a few days of completion of the examination, the answer key will be published on the website. It will be released in the last week of April 2020. JEE Main Answer key 2020 will be released along with images of OMR sheets. If candidates are not satisfied with the answer key, they can challenge it.
To access the answer, key candidates have to enter their application number and password. After downloading it, candidates will get to know the correct answers to the questions asked in the test and able to calculate the probable score. Candidates have to fill an online application and have to pay Rs. 1000/- per question to challenge the answer key. Fee payment can be made through debit/credit card.
The result for JEE Main 2020 is set to be made known to the students who have taken the exam at the website by online mode. JEE Main 2020 Result will be Declared on 31st January 2020 for January Session & April Session Result will be Declared on 30th April 2020.
- The Result is nothing but a factor which is achieved by those who have given the exam.
- The result is significant to get familiar with the scores and ranks achieved in the exam.
- The rank list will be made as per the rank obtained by aspirants in the exam. The rank list will decide the status of students and whether they are able enough to take part in the counselling.
NTA will release JEE Main 2020 Rank list after the declaration of results. Marks secured in the JEE Main 2020 entrance test will be evaluated and based on that ranks will be allotted to the candidates. Candidate’s All India rank and category rank will be mentioned in the rank list. The percentile score of the candidates will be calculated using the normalization procedure.
- A rank list will be prepared as per the marks scored in the JEE Main Examination.
- It will be released separately for paper 1 and paper 2.
The cut off will be published along with the result. Students can check the details about JEE Main cut off 2020 from below:
- The cut off will be released in online mode.
- Last year cut off of JEE Main exam is mentioned below
In the table given below we have provided previous years cut off trends for various categories:
|Category||Cut-off 2018||Cut-off 2017||Cut-off 2016||Cut-off 2015|
After the releasing of the result, the board will announce the detailed schedule of JEE Main 2020 counselling. Separate tables will be announced for All India Rank and state-level counselling.
- The Counseling process will be organized from the third week of June 2020.
- JEE Main 2020 Counseling will be conducted in online mode.
- JoSAA and CSAB in different rounds will organize centralized counselling.
- To appear in the counselling, candidates will have to register themselves.
The authority will be releasing the counselling schedule on the website for all students who want to take admission into the course of their choice. To participate in the counselling process students have first to register themselves. JoSAA will organize the counselling process. Candidates will be allotted seats in various participating institutions like NIT, IIT, CFTI, etc.
Only selected students will be able to attend the admission process by registering themselves and paying the counselling fee. The counselling will only take place for the selected students who are bearing their names on the merit list. The merit list will be provided at the website after the announcement of result which contains the name of selected students who have got rank in the exam.
JEE MAIN 2020 Information Links
|Aadhar Card for JEE Main||Click Here|
|JEE Main Login 2020||Click Here|
|How is JEE Advanced Different from JEE Main||Click Here|
|JEE MAIN 2020 Exam Center||Click Here|
|State B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main||Click Here|
|Do’s and Don’ts for JEE Main 2020||Click Here|
|Declining JEE Main cutoff for Advanced, a cause of concern?||Click Here|
|Common Mistakes made while filling JEE Main 2020 application form||Click Here|
|JEE Main Video Lecture 2020||Click Here|
|Top Engineering Colleges Accepting JEE Main 2020 Score and Cut off||Click Here|
|Why is JEE Main a Total Farce, Statistics||Click Here|
|What After JEE Main Result?||Click Here|
|What is the Difference Between JEE Main and JEE Advanced?||Click Here|
For any other queries about JEE Main 2020, you can leave your questions below in the comment box.